Dealing with stress during the claims process
2 Min Read
When you or someone you love has experienced medical negligence it can be very stressful; it is understandable that you may need some additional support and advice to help you through.
We’ve helped a lot of clients with their medical negligence claims, and understand what a difficult process to go through it can be. There are a few ways we’ve found that help limit the stress our clients experience, and so we will support you through this difficult time by:
1. Providing clear communication
2. Responding in a timely manner
3. Setting out our expectations and managing yours
4. Keeping you updated
5. Providing signposts to non-legal information and assistance where needed
As well as leaning on your Solicitor in this time of need you also need to ensure that you are looking after your own wellbeing. Things that can help relieve stress include:
- Trying to stay positive – look for things you are grateful about your life and write down three of these at the end of every day.
- Being active – whatever you can manage, it can be a walk or even just some chair exercises.
- Having some time to yourself – whether you are the patient or someone looking after the patient everyone needs some “me” time.
- Making connections – as well as time to yourself it is important to also make time to reach out and connect with others, whether this is asking for help, giving help or just catching up.
- Avoid unhealthy habits such as drinking alcohol, too much caffeine or smoking.
If you want more ideas on how to deal with stress then the mental health charity Mind has a wealth of information and support available.