Serious Injury

Child Abuse Compensation Claims

Contact Our Team

Often people who have been abused or neglected wonder who they can turn to for advice. Our lawyers are dedicated to helping survivors of abuse, whether it has taken place in schools, the church, at home or in foster care. If the abuse was recent or historic, our specialist abuse claims lawyers can help.

Social Services delay

Social services have a duty to protect children who are at risk of abuse and neglect. Unfortunately, sometimes a child may experience abuse and neglect when social services could have taken steps to protect them, and can even be placed in a foster setting which becomes abusive.  In cases such as this, you may be able to bring a claim for damages.

If social services have failed to manage you and your family appropriately and left you in a situation where you have experienced abuse or neglect that could have been avoided, we may be able to help.

Claims against social services can be very complex and require a great deal of expertise.  Our dedicated team of specialist child abuse lawyers are all members of the Association of Child Abuse Lawyers (ACAL) and have considerable experience in this complex area of law.

Abuse in Sports Clubs

Sports are considered a vital part of a child’s development and sports clubs can be enormously positive environments.  We place a great deal of trust in those that work and volunteer with children.

A club has a responsibility to keep the children safe and make sure that those people working with children pose no danger.  Unfortunately, sometimes this is not the case.  As we have seen in the recent high-profile issues surrounding abuse in football clubs and the ongoing FA investigation children have been targeted and abused in sports clubs.  This is not just limited to football and there have been cases of abuse in swimming, gymnastic and tennis clubs.


Arthur and Paul’s Story


Arthur and Paul were brothers who were sexually abused when children by a member of their church.

The abuse took place at an important time in their schooling and meant they significantly underachieved academically and therefore struggled to find and hold down work.  We worked closely with them on what were difficult cases. We worked out what they would probably have done with their lives if the abuse had not happened.

How did we help?


We achieved damages of more than £100,000 each. This enabled them to attend college and get started in careers which would help them support their families.

All names have been changed to protect the identities of the individuals


Church and Clergy Abuse Claims

If you or your child has been abused by someone working for the church then we could help you claim compensation from those responsible.

We have a dedicated team of child abuse lawyers  with experience of claims involving sexual and physical abuse by priests, vicars, curates, ministers and volunteers and others in positions of authority within various religious orders.

Abuse in a Children's Home or Residential Institution

Children can be placed in a children’s home or other residential institution (e.g. a clinical treatment centre or specialist residential school) by Social Services for a variety of reasons, however the purpose is always to ensure that child’s safety, well-being and development.  Unfortunately, sometimes a child may suffer abuse and neglect by staff, volunteers or other residents.

In such circumstances it may be possible to bring a claim for compensation for the damage caused by the abuse and neglect.

Speak to a Solicitor Who Specialises in Abuse Claims

We understand the sensitive nature of abuse claims brought by victims of sexual, physical and emotional abuse and neglect. We work closely with our clients to make sure we fully understand what they want to achieve and are able to sensitively and discreetly offer the support they need at a difficult time in their lives.

0800 044 8488