I have been with the Foot Anstey Group since I qualified in 1980, dealing initially with many different types of litigation and increasingly specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence work. I became a partner in the firm in 1989, becoming a consultant in 2001.
I have 35 years’ litigation experience, specialising in serious injury claims including clinical negligence cases. I also have experience of contentious probate claims and commercial litigation.
I am a former Chairman and founding member of the Plymouth Civil Litigation Association and a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers since about 1990.
- A complex claim for damages for a client who suffered a very unusual disabling psychiatric condition following clinical negligence, which settled for over £2m.
- A claim for damages for wrongful birth which settled for £2m.
- Three multi-million pound claims for damages on behalf of children with cerebral palsy caused by injuries sustained at birth.
- I have a degree in Economics & Economic History from Durham University.
- I conduct the South West Chamber Choir and have produced collections of choral music and arrangements for organ, piano and voice.