I am a managing associate and a specialist damages solicitor and act for those who have been harmed or affected by abuse or failure of public authorities.
I am proud to have represented survivors of abuse for more than 15 years. I will act for children who have been exposed to sexual abuse or neglect through failures of social services as well individuals who have been abused by members of organisations or employees. I support both children and adults and guide them through litigation to secure damages and gain some restorative justice. I am a panel member of the Association of Child Abuse Lawyers.
I also represent families whose lives have been affected by breaches of their personal data. For example, I regularly support families whose lives have been impacted by a data breach during the adoption of their child.
I have represented families at inquests for those who have lost a loved one through suicide.
I regularly receive direct referrals from professionals in childcare, other personal injury lawyers and the Official Solicitor.
- Settled claims for two siblings in excess of £100,000 each for the sexual abuse they suffered at the hands of a priest. This allowed them to receive counselling and recognised the impact the abuse had on their lives.
- Secured compensation for a large number of patients fitted with defective implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD)
- Represented families of the victims of David Fuller, the hospital technician who assaulted bodies in a morgue, and secured damages for them to recognise the serious harm that these crimes caused.
- Recovered damages in excess of £250,000 from a local authority who disclosed an adoptive family’s details to the birth family. This allowed them to relocate, change their names and install additional security measures.
- Supported a family at an inquest following the suicide of their loved one whilst a patient in a eating disorder unit and secured damages to recognise the impact this had on them.
What our Customers Say
" Gary Walker's kindness is outstanding, especially when dealing with historic and recent sexual abuse cases . I totally recommend him. "
" With the help of Gary Walker from Enable law, I received an out of court settlement from a medical negligence claim. From the very start of meeting Gary, I felt like I was in very capable hands. His professionalism and positivity made Gary a pleasure to work with, and I always felt like he left no stone unturned throughout every stage of my case. I would highly recommend Enable law and Gary Walker, their services and expertise are second to none. "
" Thank you for being there when times were bleak, we doubt the family would have been able to stay together without your intervention. "