I have extensive experience of advising clients on birth injuries and brain injury claims, stillbirths and neonatal deaths. I am recognised as a Leader in my field in both the Legal 500 and Chambers UK directories.
I specialise in birth injury claims and am an active supporter of Sands (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society). I also specialise in birth injury cases resulting in brain injury.
I have a particular interest in paediatric cardiac surgery cases having commenced my career representing families at the Bristol Royal Infirmary Public Inquiry into paediatric cardiac surgery.
I lead the clinical negligence team in the Taunton Office, working closely with Sands and AvMA (Action against Medical Accidents), representing parents and injured children in their claims.
I am a member of the Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Accreditation Scheme, the AvMA Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel and a member of Sands. I am also a Trustee and Vice Chair of Headway Somerset, a Trustee of the Conquest Centre and a volunteer with Aching Arms.
To read more about my work, including how I first came to work with families affected by stillbirth and neonatal death, please see this interview.
- In 2016, I settled a child hyperventilation claim, where the client had cerebral palsy, for a capitalised sum of over £6 million.
- In 2015, I settled a complex birth injury claim for a capitalised sum of over £9 million.
- In 2015, I concluded a complex birth injury claim for £7.3m.
- I secured over £2 million for a brain injury claim post paediatric cardiac surgery.
- Memberships: Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel, AvMA Clinical Negligence Panel, Sands member, Headway member.
- Author of “Common Trends in Stillbirth Cases: Study and Report November 2008” and Editor of “Legal Aspects of Pregnancy Loss and the Death of a Baby : Guidelines for Professionals”, Sands, Third and Fourth Editions.