I am a Senior Associate in the Abuse Team and have almost a decade of experience representing those who have suffered sexual abuse. I am a member of the Association of Child Abuse Lawyers (ACAL). I pride myself on having high levels of client care, guiding and supporting my clients through the process of pursuing their claim.
I have represented survivors of abuse against a wide range of organisations, including a churches and religious organisations, schools, universities, children’s homes, local authorities, scouts and sports clubs. I have also represented adults who have suffered sexual assault in the workplace.
In addition to my work with civil claims, I have significant experience in representing applicants in high value and complex claims to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) as a result of sexual abuse or assault.
- Securing £175,000 of compensation for a young man who had suffered serious sexual abuse at the hands of his Scout leader.
- Reopening a CICA claim for a woman and increasing her award of compensation from £7,000 to in excess of £200,000.
- Obtaining an award of over £180,000 from the CICA for a young man who was seriously sexually assault by a family friend.
- Achieving damages of £80,000 in a complex case for a woman who suffered sexual abuse at the hands of her sports coach.
- Supporting local and national charities who help those who have suffered abuse and work to prevent abuse of children.