I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT FIGHTING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN NEGLECTED, WHETHER THAT BE BY CLINICIANS, OR WITHIN THE CARE SYSTEM.
"From the first time that Helen made contact with me, she has been efficient, sensitive and professional… She is a credit to your organisation and the profession"
I am a serious injury lawyer specialising in clinical negligence claims, and claims for individuals affected by childhood abuse, whether that be sexual, emotional or physical or neglect
I am a member of the Association of Child Abuse Lawyers and have been acting for survivors for several years, representing both adults and children by their litigation friends. I have a particular interest in bringing claims against local authorities for failing to remove a child from an abusive family home or foster placement resulting in a psychiatric injury.
- Obtained a settlement of £365,000 for an elderly gentleman who was not properly referred, leading to a major stroke and ongoing problems
- Settled a claim for £220,000 in which the individual suffered a two to three day delay in diagnosing a life threatening infection
- Negotiated a settlement of £175k for a client whose shoulder was damaged during surgery
- I joined Foot Anstey in 2007 as a Paralegal and qualified as a Solicitor in 2011
- Was awarded the Sir George Fowler Prize for the highest level of achievement in the Legal Practice Course