Contact Our Team

    VTE NHS claims

    If you or a loved one suffered VTE (venous thromboembolism) or deep vein thrombosis (DVT) due to medical mismanagement, we can help with compensation claims. We can also support if you suffered due to substandard care for a blood clot.

    The implications of avoidable VTE or DVT can be extremely serious, leading to lifelong complications such as post-thrombotic syndrome or even fatality. We understand the pain and trauma this kind of negligence can cause.

    Claiming compensation may help you and your family to cope. You may be able to access specialist support, buy necessary equipment to help you live as full a life as possible and offset loss of earnings.

    If you’ve suffered venous thromboembolism, including DVT, and medical negligence may have been a factor, contact us.

    Who can make VTE or DVT claims?

    You can make a claim for VTE or DVT if correct medical processes or procedures were not followed to protect you from developing a clot.

    VTE is a known patient safety issue. Around half of all VTE cases are linked to a hospital stay. The NHS recognises it as a leading and preventable cause of death.

    Medical professionals should be aware of the potential for development of DVT, especially in someone who has had surgery or is at greater risk, such as pregnant women. They should take steps to help prevent it.

    If proper assessments were not made of your risk of suffering VTE, there was a delay in diagnosis or you didn’t get appropriate care and suffered as a result, you may be able to claim compensation.

    What is VTE?

    VTE is the abbreviated name of venous thromboembolism, a term covering deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.

    Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a blood clot deep within a vein.

    Pulmonary embolism is the condition that can occur when a piece of blood clot moves into the bloodstream and blocks a vessel in the lungs, stopping blood getting to them.

    DVT is more likely for certain people, including those that are overweight, smokers and aged over 60.

    Risks are also raised for people who are staying in or have recently been discharged from hospital especially if they have trouble moving around, such as due to a spinal injury or surgery. There are also higher risks of DVT during pregnancy.

    How to make a DVT compensation claim

    To make a successful compensation claim, it is necessary to show negligence occurred and that it led to you suffering harm you wouldn’t otherwise have suffered.

    This could mean you had to have surgery that could have been avoided, more intrusive treatment that might have otherwise been unnecessary or you ended up with symptoms that you wouldn’t have had if you’d received proper treatment.

    It may be that your care providers are willing to accept that medical negligence occurred in your case. Or you may need to prove that.

    Either way, contacting a specialist negligence claim law firm, like Enable Law, as soon as possible is the best way to ensure you get answers. A settlement could help you to move forward with your life.

    A specialist firm understands what you’ve been through, how best to unravel exactly what went wrong in your care and ensure you get a settlement that opens the door to as much help as possible.

    Contact us for more information.

    Can I move my case to Enable Law?

    Medical negligence and personal injury claims can be very stressful, and if you feel you’re not getting the right level of support from your lawyer, you might be wondering if it’s possible to move your claim to a new firm.

    Often this will be a difficult decision to make, with worries about getting a new lawyer up to speed on your claim, any delays that might involve, and the possible cost implications with moving to a new firm.

    The most important thing to know is that if you want to change your lawyer, you can. We will work with you to ensure that any disruption is kept to a minimum, and that your claim is not affected.

    How do I move my claim to Enable Law?

    Contact us and tell us who you would like to deal with your case if you already know the lawyer’s name, or if you do not, tell us what kind of case you have and we will put you in touch with a specialist lawyer for that kind of claim.

    VTE negligence claims solicitors

    Our specialist negligence claims solicitors can help if you have a VTE or DVT related claim. Contact us for empathetic, expert help and advice.

    0800 044 8488