IT IS IMPORTANT TO SUPPORT THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED A DEVASTATING TIME AS A RESULT OF MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE. IT IS MY JOB TO GUIDE THEM EVERY STEP OF THE WAY AND ENSURE WE ACHIEVE THE BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME.
"I was made to feel comfortable and safe talking about very personal, physical problems and feelings. I was totally satisfied with the advice Katy gave and the settlement she achieved. I received excellent service- thank you.'
I specialise in clinical negligence. I have assisted and managed claims within a large group action, involving claims for over 200 women against Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust. I have also been involved in other high value, complex cases. These cases cover a broad range of medical issues including, birth and brain injury, orthopaedic, fatal, obstetric and gynaecology claims.
I provide specialist advice in these areas, over a wide range of clinical negligence issues but have particular experience with claims relating to obstetrics and gynaecology, fatals, orthopaedics and birth and brain injury.
- Assisting in the settlement of a complex birth injury claim that received one of the biggest settlements in claims history in excess of £9,000,000.
- FdSc Law in 2008 from University of Plymouth
- BSc Law with Business Studies Degree from University of Plymouth in 2009
- Graduate Member of CILEx October 2013
- Fellow of CILEx June 2015