Spinal surgery medical negligence
Contact Our Team
Spinal surgery claims
Spinal surgery can be a life-changing event helping to fix a serious injury and relieve pain that may have impacted your everyday life for years.
However, when a mistake or error is made during spinal surgery, the effects can leave you facing pro-longed injuries or other health problems for the rest of your life.
Our medical negligence solicitors have extensive experience supporting individuals following negligence in spinal surgery and through this experience, can help you identify failures in the care you received before, during or after your surgery that has led to your surgery’s bad outcome.
Injuries from Spinal Surgery Negligence
Finding out you need spinal surgery is already a traumatic experience. Waking up from the surgery to realise that something may not have gone according to plan is an even more difficult thing to deal with.
It is really important that your doctor explains all possible risks before performing your surgery and that they give you all the information needed to make an informed decision. Even in the most routine spinal surgeries, mistakes can happen. This can lead to infection and may cause additional surgery.
Some of the potential issues associated with complications in spinal surgeries include:
- Delays in surgery causing additional health complications
- Infection due to a surgery
- Issues around anaesthesia
- Unnecessary surgeries because of a mistake in diagnosis
- Operating on the wrong part of the spine
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord damage
- Surgical after care
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) / blood clots
- Persistent Pain
- Sexual dysfunction
- Transitional syndrome
Here to support you
We have an established and robust network of support organisations that can help our clients every step of the way of their recovery including specialist physiotherapists, pain management experts and care experts.
Through our practice and with their support, we work with a number of medical experts to understand the long-term needs of our clients and ensure we secure them the right compensation to meet their lifetime needs.
Things we investigate include:
- Loss of earnings linked to not being able to work or not being able to continue working in the same field of work.
- Financial support for potential house adaptations required or the purchase of accessible accommodation.
- Long-term care and therapy to help you recover from your injury or help you manage ongoing symptoms.
- Technological aids to support with any additional needs caused by the surgery.
Speak to a spinal surgical negligence expert today
Obtaining compensation is complicated and requires the help of an expert lawyer, who will be able to investigate the impact of an injury on your life.
Our team of spinal injury solicitors have been able to help many clients with their spinal cord injury lawsuit. Call us today and find out if we can help you obtain spinal injury compensation.0800 044 8488